Director Mike Flanagan is back on set. The person in charge of The Curse of Hill House and its continuation, The Curse of Bly Manor , has resumed in Canada the production of Midnight Mass , the new Netflix horror series that had been forced to stop due to the crisis caused by the spread of the coronavirus.
Mike Flanagan , who directed the Hollywood adaptation of the sequel to Doctor Sleep, has been commissioned to announce the return to work with the classic photo of the clapperboard with the title visible, which he has shared on his Twitter account with the following message: “Day 1 … here we go.”
The director and the rest of the team, including Kate Siegel ( The Curse of Hill House), Zach Gilford ( The Purge: Anarchy ) and Hamish Linklater ( Battleship ), had started filming Midnight Mass last March in Vancouver. But soon had to stop production given the global pandemic situation of Covid-19.
Midnight Mass is a mysterious young priest’s story, a newcomer to a remote island community. From the moment of their arrival, the inhabitants of that island begin to experience a series of strange phenomena and worried about a possible link between the paranormal events and the ecclesiastic arrival, they will begin to investigate the possible origin of those events.
Mike Flanagan will direct the seven episodes that Midnight Mass has, while the rest of the cast of the new Netflix horror series is completed by Crystal Balint, Rahul Abburi, Matt Biedel, Alex Essoe, Annabeth Gish, Rahul Kohli, Kristin Lehman, Robert Longstreet, Igby Rigney, Annarah Shephard, Samantha Sloyan, Henry Thomas, and Michael Trucco. At the moment, the release date is unknown.
- Original name: Misa del gallo
- Country: Canada
- Genre: horror, drama, detective
- Producer: M. Flanagan
- World Premiere: 2021
- Starring: R. Abburi, K. Balint, M. Bidel, A. Essow, Z. Guildford, A. Gish, R. Coley, K. Lehman, H. Linklater, R. Longstreet, and others.
- Duration: 7 episodes
In 2021, a new horror series, “Midnight Mass,” will be released on Netflix. There is no exact release date for the series or a trailer yet. Directed by Mike Flanagan, director of The Haunting of Hill House, Doctor Sleep, and Gerald’s Games. The film crew also includes Michael Fimonyari, Flanegan’s regular cameraman.
The plot and description of the episodes.
A charismatic young priest comes to visit the inhabitants of the isolated island. With this mysterious person’s arrival, strange events and terrifying signs begin to occur inside the commune, in a word, true miracles …
Director and Writer: Mike Flanagan (Doctor Sleep, Pretty Women in Cleveland, Haunting of Hill House).
Voice over team:
- Producers: M. Flanagan, Elan Gail (The Bachelor), Jeff Howard (The Birth of the Mafia: New York), etc.
- Photography: Michael Fimonyari (In Pieces: Dawn and Dusk of the Slashers, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, The Walking Dead).
- Artists: Steve Arnold (Faceless, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Lauryn Kelsey (Murdoch Investigations), Andrew Lee (The Good Doctor, Eureka);
- Music: The Newton Brothers (substitute teacher, performed).
Filming location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
The roles will be performed by:
- Rahul Abburi (Good game)
- Crystal Balint (“Supernatural”, “Fringe”, “Sex in another city”)
- Matt Bidel (Narco: Mexico, Mad Men)
- Alexandra Essou (In the service of the devil, The abode of lies);
- Zach Guilford (Friday Night Lights, Grey’s Anatomy);
- Annabeth Gish (Salt Lake City Punk, The X Files)
- Rahul Koli (I’m a zombie, Harley Quinn);
- Christine Lehman (Poltergeist: Legacy, The Chronicles of Riddick);
- Hamish Linklater (Fargo, The Good Wife);
- Robert Longstreet (Doctor Sleep, Haunting of the Hill House).
Did you know that:
- Actress Keith Siegel played the title character in the 2016 Netflix film The Silence, where her character wrote her first novel, Midnight Mass.
- Filming begins in August 2020.
Netflix announced that it ordered the live series Midnight Mass for the first 7-episode season in July 2020. We are awaiting a preview and announcement of a 2021 release date.