Lionel Messi has scored a new mark. The Argentine soccer star would have signed the most lucrative contract in the history of the sport. According to reports in international media, the footballer has signed the most extensive agreement with FC Barcelona in Spain’s First Division.
Recently, the Spanish newspaper “El Mundo” revealed some figures about Messi’s contract with the famous team known as Barça, which surprised many of his followers. Here the details.
- According to the information provided, the Argentine footballer charges about 138 million per season between fixed and variable.
- That is, it is visualized that the income is 380,299 euros gross per day (210,297 euros net).
- The player entered almost 98 million euros gross for renewal premium.
- Messi has signed with Barça, which will premiere an interactive exhibition, the most expensive contract in sport, due to the more than 555 million euros in four years that he received.
- The salary is taxed with the highest type of personal income tax, in addition to the Social Security deductions.
- Furthermore, Lionel Messi could have earned more than 555 million euros gross if he had complied with all the variables of the contract he signed with Futbol Club Barcelona in 2017. However, the athlete did not reach that figure as the club had not achieved all the goals set in the contract, among them the four Champions League for the period 2017-2018, one of the most relevant meetings between European football teams and which is tuned in by millions of viewers on the internet.
- The contract information that was disclosed includes the player’s income in terms of fixed salary, image rights, bonuses, allowances and variables based on various individual and team sporting objectives. Image rights reach 80%, but they are 15% of total income. This is particularly true for a player who has created a world-renowned image for himself and whose diet and exercise routine are of interest to many people.
- The newspaper El Mundo has a copy of the contract signed by the footballer with Barça on November 25, 2017, which “constitutes the largest contract in the history of sport” and whose content, according to the same newspaper, has remained to date in “the most absolute secret.”
Due to the leakage of the data of Messi’s contract with Barça , the sports club assured to dissociate itself from all the information and, in fact, commented that it considers taking legal action against the media for having published the player’s contract, since It is an exclusively private document governed by the principle of confidentiality between the parties. In addition, FC Barcelona expressed its absolute support for Messi, especially in relation to any attempt to discredit his image or damage his relationship with the team.
Comunicado sobre Leo Messi
Consulta todos los detalles 👇https://t.co/ybta3COtUP
— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona_es) January 31, 2021